ride in the rain
The alarm went off at 4:30 am today, and despite the fact that it was raining, or perhaps because of it, I saddled up for a spirited 2.5 hour ride before work.
While the rain makes others snivel and moan, for reasons I do not understand entirely, it brings out the best in me. After 37 minutes of riding, I felt the now-familiar, but still odd sensation of the power flipping on.
When the internal power switch flips on, I become 50% stronger, and the sensation is akin to a rush from adrenalin or endorphins.
The good sensations continued for about 2:00 when the left knee began to whisper, “back off, or I’ll make you pay.”
I don’t question my left knee, so I backed off the gas and soft pedaled the last 30 minutes to bring the ride in at 199 watts avg. At work, a hot shower welcomed me and I was sorely tempted to jump in fully dressed, as I was soaked to the bone and the clothes stunk to high heaven.
Having no choice, I hung all of the wet clothes about the office place. As of yet, no one has complained.
While the rain makes others snivel and moan, for reasons I do not understand entirely, it brings out the best in me. After 37 minutes of riding, I felt the now-familiar, but still odd sensation of the power flipping on.
When the internal power switch flips on, I become 50% stronger, and the sensation is akin to a rush from adrenalin or endorphins.
The good sensations continued for about 2:00 when the left knee began to whisper, “back off, or I’ll make you pay.”
I don’t question my left knee, so I backed off the gas and soft pedaled the last 30 minutes to bring the ride in at 199 watts avg. At work, a hot shower welcomed me and I was sorely tempted to jump in fully dressed, as I was soaked to the bone and the clothes stunk to high heaven.
Having no choice, I hung all of the wet clothes about the office place. As of yet, no one has complained.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home