Monday, April 17, 2006

A trip to NYC


Well, if this post has some typos, you're going to have to forgive me. I'm at Linda Berkeley's jobsite in Manhattan on a borrowed computer and it doesn't work very well.

Today is Patriot's Day, that great Boston holiday that is not relevant in NYC. I came down to Linda's house for Easter dinner, and decided to visit her jobsite on Monday. I brought the commuter bike with me, which is big and heavy, and it was the perfect choice for a Tour de New York City.

Central Park was beautiful. Filled with people and dogs, it really keeps the city sane. Also rode up and down the West Side Highway bike path, over the Brooklyn Bridge, and back on the Manhattan Bridge. The Brooklyn Bridge was beautiful, but it was packed with pedestrians walking in zig-zag patterns. Very difficult to stay clear of them.

What the Manhattan Bridge lacked in aesthetics, it made up for in efficiency. I had it all to myself.

Stopped by to visit with Tom Mooney who has a new business called Mothership with Joe Pytka. Tom is pretty excited, he has a world of new possibilities ahead of him. I would love to do a job with Mothership, but first, I have to sell something. Hmm.

Back at Linda's construction office, Rebecca and Sabrina are lying on their dog beds and the Border Collie is standing guard by the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home