Friday, March 03, 2006

Injured while typing, oy vey

I suffered a wretched injury last weekend and I am still getting over it.

Bent over my computer keyboard, working away on an extra-credit assignment for the boss, I slumped down in my chair and my entire back went into a giant cramp. Possibly a pinched nerve, I pinged and twitched in pain.

My knees have also been cranky lately. There is a reason for this.

Coach Josh is prescribing workouts that hone my climbing muscles. I prop the front wheel of the bike up on a milk crate, 12 inches off the ground.

This works the hamstrings, glutes, and other muscles I haven’t been using, as I live in the flatlands. Everything is tight now, and my hamstrings are contracting pulling all of the seldom-used muscles together.

The answer is to stretch, yet the prospects are grim. I’m about as flexible as a good piece of oak.

But if Josh says stretch, I must.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home