Beer Belly Brainstorm
I slept in until 5:00 am and got on the trainer after a quick breakfast. Coach Josh prescribed a 2-hour workout, but it's difficult to get it in, get dressed, and get to work on time. An hour and a half is about the most I can do this time of year and still make it to work on time.
The legs felt like lead this morning, and the fast pedals weren't so fast. I was missing a fair number of watts today. I am amazed at how great professional athletes are and how lame I am. On a decent climb, the professionals can throw anywhere from 400-500 watts for a long, long time.
When I put down 300, I feel the pain pretty quickly. They must be made differently.
A co-worker is leaving the company, so there's a dinner tonight in her honor, hence I had to drive to work. This cold weather is getting old. If I have to drive to work, rather than ride, it adds to my commute.
On a bright note, a fine individual Eric was hosting a "gut contest" in his office. I had a brilliant idea to hold a "match the gut to the guy" contest. Could be a fine morale building activity.
Already, a few men who are quite proud of their hard-earned bellies are eager to join in on the festivities. Perhaps there will be a prize.
The legs felt like lead this morning, and the fast pedals weren't so fast. I was missing a fair number of watts today. I am amazed at how great professional athletes are and how lame I am. On a decent climb, the professionals can throw anywhere from 400-500 watts for a long, long time.
When I put down 300, I feel the pain pretty quickly. They must be made differently.
A co-worker is leaving the company, so there's a dinner tonight in her honor, hence I had to drive to work. This cold weather is getting old. If I have to drive to work, rather than ride, it adds to my commute.
On a bright note, a fine individual Eric was hosting a "gut contest" in his office. I had a brilliant idea to hold a "match the gut to the guy" contest. Could be a fine morale building activity.
Already, a few men who are quite proud of their hard-earned bellies are eager to join in on the festivities. Perhaps there will be a prize.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home