Monday, April 10, 2006

Caddy available

On Sunday, four guys from work were out playing golf. Since I used to caddy at the course, I figured I'd stop by on my bike to be their gallery. On the green of the fourth hole, I found them putting. While others were in Augusta, I was in Cohasset, cheering on the team.

Bicycle geeks are not welcome at private courses, but since this particular green was near the road, there was nothing the membership could do. I watched one round of putting, then got back to the business at hand, the ride. Coach Josh asked for 1:45 at 200 watts, but I was feeling generous, so I gave him 3:00 at 210 watts with a tempo session at 288 watts for 15 minutes.

The effort left me spent, and I was pleased to retire to the sofa to watch my favorite bicycle race, Paris-Roubaix. Sadly, tragically, inexplicably, big George Hincapie had a mechanical and he crashed out of the race. Too bad. I like Big George and I wish him all the success in the world.

Sunday is a big TV night in my house, and the Sopranos were up after dinner. The show is becoming more of a soap opera than I would like, but I still find it entertaining. I suspect Johnnie Sack was wearing a wire when he asked Tony to take care of that piece of business. We'll see.

Today is the day off the bike, and my legs are happily sitting beneath me, fresh from doing nothing this morning. I drove in with two shopping bags full of clothing. Now, when I ride to work this week, I don't have to wear the backpack full of clothes. The wardrobe has been upgraded lately, as I was on the verge of yet another intervention in the workplace for clothing not befitting a man of my position.

I have been on secret double-bonger academic probation for dress code violations in the past, I shan't again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home