Cold is back
I spend my entire working life seated 3 feet away from an art director. When he gets a cold, I get a cold. Dave, my partner, had a cold for 8 weeks this winter, and I got it twice.
On Tuesday, I was feeling kind of iffy, but still did my intervals on the trainer, then tacked a commute onto the ride for a total day of around 3:00 in the saddle.
That's when my body went into revolt and the cold came on full strength. It's in my ears, it's in my nose, it's in cranium. The only way to beat a cold is to hammer it with vitamin C and take it easy. Coach Josh has informed me that I am to only ride indoors for no more than half an hour and take it easy until I am 100% better. This weekend will be a good time to kick back a bit and encourage those anti bodies to beat the cold back.
Professional cyclists are so terrified of getting a cold, they try not to touch people, elevator buttons, or any other germ-infested substance. When they get a cold, it can rob them of 10% of their overall power. Since the Tour is won by a margin of 2% more power, or even less, it is understandable.
During the 30 minutes after a big effort, your body is most susceptible to catching a cold. The correct thing to do is get out of cold, clammy, sweaty clothes immediately, take a shower, stretch, take two advil, drink a recovery drink, and avoid germs.
On Tuesday, I was feeling kind of iffy, but still did my intervals on the trainer, then tacked a commute onto the ride for a total day of around 3:00 in the saddle.
That's when my body went into revolt and the cold came on full strength. It's in my ears, it's in my nose, it's in cranium. The only way to beat a cold is to hammer it with vitamin C and take it easy. Coach Josh has informed me that I am to only ride indoors for no more than half an hour and take it easy until I am 100% better. This weekend will be a good time to kick back a bit and encourage those anti bodies to beat the cold back.
Professional cyclists are so terrified of getting a cold, they try not to touch people, elevator buttons, or any other germ-infested substance. When they get a cold, it can rob them of 10% of their overall power. Since the Tour is won by a margin of 2% more power, or even less, it is understandable.
During the 30 minutes after a big effort, your body is most susceptible to catching a cold. The correct thing to do is get out of cold, clammy, sweaty clothes immediately, take a shower, stretch, take two advil, drink a recovery drink, and avoid germs.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home