yet another crush
Alright Sweetness, I won't call you your real name anymore. But just to be clear, I do have a horrible crush on this sweetheart. Ah, yes, the Buick Riviera. This is the 1965 model. I also have a wretched weakness for the 1971 and 1972 models. I was out for a ride yesterday and a sweet old Mercedes SL caught my attention. I stopped, and had a nice gawk at it. The owner told me that it's a great car to own, so long as nothing breaks. But when something does break the parts are very expensive. One tail light assembly alone is $600.
Ah now, there'll be none of that in my future And just think, that's even cheaper than the car the Splendid Splinter always suggests, the ill-fated Mondial. Just one repair bill and it's all over.
This is all just a distraction to take the mind off the fact that the weather is getting colder and the days are getting shorter. That said, I was blessed with a two-outdoor-rides-in-a-row weekend. Both were a necessity as my brother informs me that I am fat. He says I have heavy bones and I'm fat so I have to have at it once again.
Rode Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and hope to on Monday. Need to get in form for Thanksgiving so I can eat a turkey or two with no regrets.
If you're a friend and have a moment, I would appreciate it if you could snail mail a letter to Will Craig and tell him what's going on in your life. If you know me, send me an email and I'll explain the particulars to you.
I hope you are well, your family is in good form, and you are going to have a 100% functional Thanksgiving with no fighting, biting, swearing, or table pounding. There's enough of that in this world already.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home