
There I was in Needham, insanely early for an appointment, when I came across Copley Motorcars. Formerly of the Back Bay, Copley Motorcars has set up shop in Needham and what a fine shop it is. The owner is friendly and personable and doesn't mind if you look at all of the beautiful cars there, provided you treat them with the utmost respect. As a long-time reader of Hemming's automotive magazine, I was thrilled to touch the cars that I had gazed upon for so long. I sat in a Shelby GT 500 Mustang. It felt primitive. I sat in a sweet, old Mercedes 230 SL. It felt like a bus. Then in the corner, the Ferrari Dino started whispering to me. Oh my, what a sweet little thing you are.
Nothing ends a fantasy like reality and mine ended when I sat in the curvy, little roller skate. The only problem was my head was grazing the headliner and I am not a giant man, a whisker under 6' tall. The car itself is like an Italian go kart. Now, this is all a bit of lunacy because not in a pig's eye could I afford such an automotive statement. And the Ferrari maintenance bills are to be sure the most impressive thing about the experience.
But this isn't a car, this is art. And if you love art, you must be prepared to suffer.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home