25th high-school reunion
Well, it's been 25 years since I've attended SG so I decided I would go to the reunion. Haven't seen anyone from school in a long, long time. But it was good to go. When you haven't seen people in awhile, you can't really look at them as a whole. You have to search for hints, like well-defined noses, gaits, or overall length of limbs.
It was great to catch up with classmates, most of whom are incredibly successful. One gentleman who lived down the hallway is one of the most important people on Wall Street and back in the day he was not known for his industrious study habits. His roommate often told me that "those who get C's in school get A's in life." I didn't believe him at the time, but I must tip my cap to him.
The women looked great, and were easier to recognize than the men. Reason being is most of the men participated in sports at school that forced them into unnatural body weights. Given that I ran cross country at SG at 148 pounds, and I am now a fit human being of 180 pounds, that's a 32-pound swing. Most of the guys had probably gained more like 75 pounds, so they were tough to recognize. But when the fog rolled in on the campus, and you squinted at the guys, you could still see the glory days athleticism under the extra pounds.
Wendy Briggs gets the gold star of the class. She was recently inducted into SG's Athletics Hall of Fame and she looked great.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home