one and only reader requests an update, so here goes
Well, my one and only reader, sweet, sweet Sarah requested an update so here goes. You don't want to hear about the fact that twitter and yammer and facebook all occupy my time.
There was a story in the New York Times that said men and women are starting to wear the same clothing, and the future belongs to the Unisex.
I think it's just plain wrong and I speak from experience. I was getting dressed after teaching spin class when I slid into my jeans and discovered the zipper was considerably shorter than usual. The pockets were very shallow. The back pockets were hanging kind of low and the legs were dragging on the floor.
Upon further inspection, I realized these were not my 1969 32 x 32 Gap jeans. These were the jeans of the girlfriend who is a 10 extra long. This made for a very uncomfortable moment, as not only was I shocked to see that I am now a 10, which I never knew, I was also not very comfortable in women's trousers.
I have no one blame but myself. One of the things that makes me totally irresistible to the female species is the fact that I am the King of All Laundry. So I folded the jeans of the long-legged one, and well, put them in the wrong pile.
Every now and again, a New York type fellow arrives in our office wearing girl's trousers and he appears to have done so willingly. They're spray painted on, tight in the ankles, low rise, count the change in the pockets pants. Such a look is fine for New York, not so much for Boston.
In other news, Oscar the Grouch Noble is getting a cortizone shot in his shoulder. He looked like he was going to pass out from the pain before he even left the office.
Tim Cawley is skinnier than Kevin Daley,which is saying something. My dog is the happiest creature on earth. I taught spin this morning and got soaked to the bone coming back to the agency. Every night, a dozen wonderful companies call my home looking for a woman who doesn't live there and never has. I stepped on the scale today and I am officially AS FAT AS A HOUSE. Time to get to work on that.
I won't bore you with the details, but I am head over heels in love with my weber grill. I totally rebuilt it. The pictures are all on my wretched, disorganized facebook page, which isn't nearly as exciting as it should be.
Just celebrated my two year anniversary as a spinning instructor. While I was getting divorced, I thought there were three things I could do to get through it: 1. Date 25-year old women. 2. Buy a used Ducati motorcycle. 3. Teach spinning. I chose the latter, and it was probably less dangerous than the other two choices. No regrets there.
Father John Hart is engaged to be wed. He's 38 years old now, and his roots go deep in Chicago. Heard a rumor he was going to accept a full-time job and leave the world of freelance for awhile. Father Hart will do well at anything he chooses. Father, if you're reading this, please send us a photo of the child bride.
Well, I hope you are well, your family and your turkey are all going to be great, and you leave me a note or a comment or send me an email.


1 Comments:
don't call me sarah
Post a Comment
<< Home