Wednesday, November 14, 2007

all-you-can-eat feast

This morning, the South Shore was offering a three course, all-you-can-eat feast of miles on the road for anyone who could get their lazy ass out of bed by 5:00 am. After a conference with my associate, Sir Lance, I was on the road. The appetizer of a half hour warm up, a main course of an hour and a half though Cohasset, Scituate, Hingham, Weymouth, Quincy, and a half hour cool down dessert of Dorchester, South End and Back Bay. The 45-mile meal was mine for absolutely nothing. And when it was over, I weighed five pounds less than when I started. Form is coming around. Nothing spectacular, but it takes time.

Last year, Mr. Sweeney maintained his form by attending spin class three times a week. Soon, the weather will be wretched and the indoors will be calling. Best to lap up all the outdoor miles we can between now and then.

Best to all,

JWB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home