keeping an old machine running

Having worn out all the parts on the bike in the past few months, I'm astounded that the human body continues to run. When you need a new chain for the bike, as much as you'd like to get a couple of new tendons for your knees, you just can't.
So you do what Josh tells you to do: eat right, stretch, hydrate, Advil, etc. And then you hire the secret weapon. In my case, that is Michelle of Hull Body Work Day Spa. She is a massage therapist, and boy, can she put you back together again.
First time I went to see Michelle I felt rather odd. I was the only man in the Spa, and wasn't really comfortable surrounded by scented candles and the like. She showed me into her room and said, "take off your clothes and lie on the table."
She dimmed the lights, and left the room.
When she returned, I was face down on the table, bare-ass naked. She laughed out loud, and said, "Ah, you're supposed to get under the blanket."
Oops. I didn't know any better.
After a couple of weeks, I totally understood the procedure and what a fine procedure it is. You just lay there like a lump of steak and she kneads you back to life.
Michelle is strong, and it makes a difference. I've had a massage from people who just weren't strong enough to get the job done and it is not satisfying whatsoever.
When she leans into you, and keys on the tight muscles, the pain begins to vanish.
The finest feeling in the world is having someone rub the knots out of your feet. Who knew the feet could be so tight and unhappy?
When you leave Michelle's place, you feel like an altogether different human being.
I go twice a month. The professionals get a massage every day.
I know why.
Only weird thing is when I see Michelle somewhere that isn't in her day spa, my body wants to lie down on the floor in front of her to get fixed. Not exactly what the supermarket wants to see.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home