falling another rung down the pecking order

Spoke to a new friend of mine. Asked him if he was married. He said he was divorced. Couldn't live with being his wife's third priority in life. Her first priority was her sister. Her second was her mother. He was number three.
I almost passed out. I'd love to be number three in my household. Over the weekend, Mrs. Berkeley presented me with her fifth dog. Counting the two birds, that puts me at number eight on her list. For the record, she claims to like me more than the two birds, so before a judge, she would swear upon a Bible that I am her sixth priority in life.
If you met the new puppy, pictured above, you couldn't blame Mrs. Berkeley. Labrador retrievers are better company than people. Holly Go Lightly is a very serious puppy, with a whimsical nature, and the good looks and work ethic that come from champion breeding lines.
She joins Rebecca de Winter, Sabrina Fairchild, Catie Scarlett O'Hara, and Lance Armstrong. As of yet, the two birds do not have names.
The bike, which is getting tired, heads over to Rich the righteous wrench today. I wore out the bottom bracket, the rear rim, the brake pads, the bar tape, and have already started to kill the new pedals. I believe bicycle manufacturers like to make products for people who don't use them. It sure is more profitable.


2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
Post a Comment
<< Home