Cr-1, wahoo!

Got my four-year old bike back from Rich yesterday. He said the bottom bracket, the chain, the cassette, the back rim, the bar tape, the front derailleur cable, and the brake pads were all wasted.
I have no issues with my trusty Trek, it's a decent bike. But it's not light and it's sure not new. Joe Tonon of Destination Cycling is providing us all with the option of riding the team bike you see pictured above.
Made by Scott, this is a bike that not everyone has heard of, but is getting great reviews amongst the riders in the know. It's light and strong and climbs like an angel. As I don't care about town line sprints, or descending like a demon, I am quite excited about getting a new ride under me.
It will be at least five pounds lighter than the old bike, and since I can't really lose any more weight, I'm pretty excited about it. I won't be getting the top end Dura Ace components, but I can live with Ultegra. According to Rich, "Dura Ace is for three kinds of people: doctors, lawyers, and guys who race for a living."
You must admit, she's quite pretty. When the Tour is over, I have the option to buy the bike. I probably will. Provided I get it in time to get used to it.


2 Comments:
Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home