had to be done
If you gave me a choice between riding a bike 100 miles in the rain or going to the registry of motor vehicles to renew my license, I would not hesitate to grab my rain coat, a couple of snacks, and suit up for a long slog on the bike.
Such a choice was not offered, so with no small amount of anxiety I headed off to the Quincy DMV. My grandmother suffered from the nerves and she would calm herself with a cup of tea and a Parliament cigarette. I opted for the cup of tea and arrived at the Quincy DMV where a large group of disgruntled patrons waited to renew their licenses.
After an hour an fifteen minutes, it was my turn to see the lady at the counter. She informed me I looked nothing like my old picture, which was taken ten years prior. She did not say I had improved with age.
Out in the parking lot, with new license in hand, I did a little victory dance which may have been misinterpreted by the gods below us, as it brought on great sheets of rain.
I'm sorry I don't have any more interesting news for you, but these are the sort of details that fill my days. On the keep tuning in front, William the Younger and Wiser has promised readers of this space a great story about one of his most amazing accomplishments.
He purchased a flat-screen TV from Sears and opted for the extended warranty. After ten attempts to get it fixed, he finally prevailed and received a voucher for $750 off on a new TV.
For fans of Lance Armstrong my dog, he is doing well. After a lot of soul searching, I had him neutered, as the vet said it was the right thing to do. He's happy as ever and I am getting over the guilt.
Such a choice was not offered, so with no small amount of anxiety I headed off to the Quincy DMV. My grandmother suffered from the nerves and she would calm herself with a cup of tea and a Parliament cigarette. I opted for the cup of tea and arrived at the Quincy DMV where a large group of disgruntled patrons waited to renew their licenses.
After an hour an fifteen minutes, it was my turn to see the lady at the counter. She informed me I looked nothing like my old picture, which was taken ten years prior. She did not say I had improved with age.
Out in the parking lot, with new license in hand, I did a little victory dance which may have been misinterpreted by the gods below us, as it brought on great sheets of rain.
I'm sorry I don't have any more interesting news for you, but these are the sort of details that fill my days. On the keep tuning in front, William the Younger and Wiser has promised readers of this space a great story about one of his most amazing accomplishments.
He purchased a flat-screen TV from Sears and opted for the extended warranty. After ten attempts to get it fixed, he finally prevailed and received a voucher for $750 off on a new TV.
For fans of Lance Armstrong my dog, he is doing well. After a lot of soul searching, I had him neutered, as the vet said it was the right thing to do. He's happy as ever and I am getting over the guilt.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home