Thursday, December 06, 2007

weird juxtaposition

I'm going to spin class and then I'm going to a party, but for me the spin class will be more of a party and the party will be more work than the spin class. What's up with that?

Spin class is filled with people who all want to do the same thing. Spin and sweat and feel the rush of a pinned heart rate and the endorphins and the sweat dripping off the forehead pooling on the floor.

The party is filled with people with a thousand different agendas. I don't know if I have anything in common with any of them, but you have to try, you can't sit at home eating frozen peas, talking to your appliances, howling at the moon, so you go to the party and try to say interesting things to people you don't know and will never see again. "So, what do you do?" "Where do you work?" "How nice." "Pleased to meet you." "We must get together again sometime soon."

These are all the polite lies that will be told at a party. Nobody lies about anything in a spin class. It's all about shut up and ride. Simple. Perhaps painful, but honest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home