Monday, December 03, 2007

Bob Kiessling, aka Gump, rest in peace

I'm sorry to report to you that Bob Kiessling, better known as Gump, passed away peacefully yesterday. He was with Hill, Holliday for about 40 years and he saw everyone come and go.

I often asked Gump if he would drive me home if I got canned, and he said, "Oh yeah, but I haven't heard you're getting canned...yet." Then he would laugh out loud.

Gump knew everyone in the advertising community and he saw people on the way up and people on the way down. Those who were pompous to him tended to move on sooner rather than later.

The memo from the comapny said, "Gump worked with us the better part of 40 years as a driver, philosopher, friend, and sage. He was loved by generations of Hill, Holliday employees, clients, and friends. He never wrote or sold an ad in his life, but it's safe to say that Gump earned legendary status in the New England advertising community. More importantly, Gump was a great father to his four sons, and a wonderful grandfather as well. Our deepest sympathy to Scott, Robbie, Greg, and Adam."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home