Father Hart says, "hello"

Our favorite man of the cloth, Father Hart of Chicago, writes the following:
"On the bicycle front, I'm getting an old J.C. Higgins cruiser frame redone (I've attached a "before" picture). It started life in 1961 as a red "Sears Jetliner" with lots of futuristic plastic styling; at some point it became a blue cruiser; then a jury-rigged exercise bike; and I'm doing it up very plain--gloss black, tan saddle, midweight wheels--so it's had a long, interesting life. More as it develops."
It's a fine looking ride, and we'd like to have one ourselves, but there's not another inch of room in the stable for another bicycle. I have four, and each of them is actually running. I hope Father Hart gets a good study lock for his bicycle, and maybe a set of smart fenders painted the same gloss black as the frame. A wicker basket on the handlebars and maybe a chain guard would be nice. It's going to be a smart ride, indeed.


<< Home