Saturday, September 30, 2006

so much for that fantasy


For awhile now, I have been having a hankering to have an old school Raleigh to tool around on when I have a day off the bike and just need to get from work to the boat. I thought this kind of ride could be fun, but was curious what happens when you get a flat. There's no quick release, and there are a lot of other impediments on the bicycle.

Turns out Coach Josh has a Raleigh. When he was in college the back tire flatted. To change the flat, you have to disconnect the gear cable, loosen the fender, the rack, and use wrenches to do so. Coach Josh put it off and put it off until six years later, he finally got it done.

The bicycle also boasts that it is "all steel" and weighs in somewhere around 50 pounds.

I guess that lays one fantasy to waste.

Hope you are well.

Best to my most loyal reader, Paula, and her righteous ship Cat Nap.


JWB