Monday, September 25, 2006

It took awhile, but I got it.

Well, I finally got a new bike. After four years of riding the Trek 5200, I decided to get the Scott CR1 Pro. After a 2,200 mile test ride on the Scott CR1 Pro I got from Destination Cycling, I decided the XL was too big. So I ordered a Large.

If you're in the market for a Scott bicycle, Seth at Ski Market is a good man. I know, I know, it's an odd thing to buy a bicycle from a Ski company, but Seth knows what he's doing.

If you'd prefer a Specialized bicycle, I recommend Rich at Community Bike.

If you just want a nice bike, I believe you can't go wrong with getting last year's model. Usually, the only difference is in the paint and you can save a decent amount of money.

I thought about the CR1 Pro SL which is a couple pounds lighter, but a lot more money. Over $1000 more.

Since I've gained over 13 pounds since the finish of the Tour, I reckon two pounds on the bicycle isn't worth $1000.

Best,

JWB