Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Counting the blessings

This time of year, we sit back, take stock, and count the blessings. There are a few things I could complain about, but all things considered, that would be bad form.

The blessing we must count first and foremost is good health. A good friend of mine who built the most important boat I ever owned was diagnosed with ALS. He's in good spirits, but the disease is a significant adversary.

The second blessing is family. Everyone wants to be your friend when the sun is shining, but when the rain falls in great sheets, your family shows up to bail you out. That includes four-legged family.

Good friends are worth counting. If you are so fortunate as to work with some people you'd be happy to call a friend if you didn't work with them, well, you're doing just fine.

I hope you are well, your turkey is moist, and you are as happy as my Labrador retriever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home