Wednesday, June 27, 2007

back to where it all began

Yesterday, I rode to work then rode home. First time in awhile making the 'round trip. On the way home, I felt good and looked down and was going 23 miles per hour up hills. Ah yes, the tail wind. The sweet southwesterly propelled my massive frame home at a good clip, approaching world-record pace in around 1:15:00. Could've been faster but I stopped on the way to say hello to Tulip, my favorite Labrador retriever puppy. In my new world, there is time for such what not.

She remembered me and ground her nose into my face and we had a sweet, tail wagging father and daughter reunion. Tulip's new mother Monni is doing well and all is good in their world. The Ryan boys live to surf and you can often find their wetsuits hanging from a porch rafter, drying out after a spirited session just a few steps down the street. It's difficult to imagine a better childhood than surfing on Nantasket beach and hanging out with Labrador retrievers when you're so tired you just can't paddle anymore.

The greatest painter on earth Will Craig has made some recommendations. I had a shaky ladder that was long and cheap, and even when I weighed just 164 pounds, it shook and vibrated and scared me silly. I was going to throw it out when professional ladder climber Dave Lawrence threw it into the back of his truck. Shaking, rattling, vibrating and flexing doesn't scare him in the least, as he is a veteran of many a subpar ladder. Now, that ladder is making a proper living.

Will believes a Warner multi-ladder is the way to go and as you would suspect it's not cheap. But the good things in life never are, and once paid for, good things provide their owners with a lifetime of satisfaction rather than a lifetime of irritation.

On the subject of porch boards, the great one recommends 1 x 4 mahogany decking, coated with cedar stain. Will Craig has seen it all, so we will follow his recommendations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home