On bricks and freelance
Mrs. Berkeley does not like bricks. When we bought the house ten years ago, there were a great many brick walkways. Sunday, I removed this walkway and piled it up on the palette. To move bricks gives one a great appreciation for office work.
In other news, I have resigned from the Hull Times. While I enjoyed working with the editor, I couldn't afford to work for the paper of record any more. If I were to pay a brick mover while I wrote a story for the Hull Times, I would come out pretty far behind on the deal. One of the worst things about writing freelance for a newspaper is everything is on speculation. You can do the work, they can choose to not run the story, and you get nothing. Thus, it can be an unrewarding pursuit.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home