a quarter century amigo
Well, as Pete drove away in his righteous Saab I had to reflect upon the fact that we've been friends for a long, long time. It's amazing to know someone 25 years and still get along with them. A lot of things and people have come and gone since we met as freshmen way back in 1984. A couple of boats, a few wives, more than a few regattas, a few career changes. But we still get along just fine and many things about Pete are exactly the same. He's still an enormously strong human being, a happy, independent sort who figures out how to do it on his own. There are people on facebook who claim to have 1000 friends. I think if you have three or four you're lucky. I never know when my travels will take me to Los Angeles again, but when they do, I look forward to getting together with Pete.


1 Comments:
nice
Post a Comment
<< Home