Thursday, March 27, 2008

Commuting season is back

Thanks to Scott Hailine for inspiring us to get back on the bike. I've been commuting by cannondale all this week and the sensations are good.

It's no problem getting to the new building. The commute is modified a bit. Instead of going left on East Berkeley, you go right on A Street and wiggle around the water front until you find the building.

I start my days at work with Scott Hainline. We tend to meet in the locker room. We now have two showers, a head, two sinks, and at least 16 lockers. I got a sweet one right next to the bench so I can come in, drop my stuff, get my showering equipment, peel, change, and be at my desk quick.

At first, the card key system was giving me problems. The door wouldn't open. So I'd have to run around the 34th floor looking to bum somebody's ID so I could get in the locker room. No more. On the third attempt, MIS did me right and now I have access to shower world.

Which is really nice, because at the beginning of the day no one is here, and at the end of the day, it's difficult to find a volunteer to let me in.

As soon as the finishing touches are put on the new place, I'll post some pictures. Don't want to do it yet because there are still pink moving crates in the hallways.

Best to all,

JWB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home