Monday, February 18, 2008

getting the better of an appliance

Every now and again, a man's posessions send his mind a reelin'. Take the dishwasher for example. The handle has been loose for 100 years now, which makes me insane. But I had no idea how in all tarnation to fix it, so I set back and played dumb.

Then, when the German speaking dishwasher least expected it, I found the manual in the garage whilst searching for other materials. With manual in one hand and torque head screw driver in the other, I set off to show the damn thing who the boss is.

Fifteen minutes later, the handle is solid as can be. And the next time some sweet talking appliance salesman chats up a state-of-the-art whatchamacallit, I'm gonna demand he laminate the manual and stick it to the front of the damn thing.

Peace.

JWB

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,...you just get more "eloquent" all the time...Lucy's glad you enjoyed the article....And the door is always "open" if/when youi get back down to Austin...

Uncle Tom

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home