Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jeff Baxter makes his mark

Jeff Baxter is a great writer at Hill, Holliday. He has made his mark by putting many great concepts on my desk. The other day, he made an even more lasting impression. There was a cup of water on my desk, and when Jeff was making a very spirited point, he knocked it over, spilling the contents across the desk.

This is the desk that was once owned by the great Ray Welch, so this was not the first stain that it encountered. Previously, the stains were from Johnny Walker. I must confess, I've spilled a little bit of tea on it from time to time, and the desk doesn't cotton to tea.

After Jeff's latest effort, there is a patch under my right forearm which shall be forever bare. Unless someone else comes along with another cup of something to spill.

Soon, Hill, Holliday will be moving to a new location. I am pleased to report to you that despite the efforts of the architects, my desk, stained and as old as time, shall be making the journey.

Hope you are well.

JWB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home