commuting by trek
Woke up late after an all-you-can-eat, belt-busting client dinner feeling fat and hung over and not at all ready to go to work. To get on the 50-pound cannondale on such a morning would be non-inspiring, so I saddled up the still super sweet after all these years and all those miles Trek and went. After 30 minutes I was warmed up, and it was all sweetness and light and the traffic light karma was good, and all was right in the world. Was gunning it down the street behind a school bus which was cutting a beautiful hole in the wind when a breakfast deprived lunatic in a light brown minivan started honking and swearing, offended beyond description that I was occupying a piece of the road. Now that I have mind of Buddha I wasn't worried and I didn't return the single digit salute, I just threw it on the big ring and opened it up and dropped the angry woman in her sad minivan in a long line of traffic.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home