Thursday, July 26, 2007

distressed and delayed

Oh, yes sir, Mr. Delta Airlines will fly your bicycle from here to there for the sum of $100, each way. No problem. When the bike gets to LAX it's delayed and no one knows where it is. Look high. Look low. Pull a five spot out of the wallet and wave it around and here comes a baggage professional. Oh yeah, I know where it is.

It's not here. And it's not there. Sir, would please come this way?

There, in the middle of a random place is the bicycle box, on the floor, surrounded by four badged National Transportation Official and one Los Angeles Police Officer. Sir, don't touch that bicycle, it needs to be inspected by the bomb-sniffing dog.

The dog, a mutt, walks around the box and I am free to go. During this trip, I will steal away to Helen's and find out how much the travel bike that fits in a regular suitcase costs. This giant box thing is getting worse all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home