whippet
Was walking down the street back from lunch when I heard a desperate woman in the distance yell, "CATCH THAT DOG!"
I looked down, and saw a white whippet coming toward me at speed. I got down to my best Pop Warner tackling position and the whippet faked left, went right, and went by.
In 15-year-old penny loafers, I gave chase. I was galloping at top speed and the whippet was barely turning her aerobic engine over. When anyone would get closer to her, she would get a hair springier and her escape would be effort-less.
After three blocks, I gave up. Later, I did a little research on how to catch a whippet. You sit down under a tree and wait for it to come to you.
And now, a message for an old friend, Miss Regan, who brought us much good karma back in the day. She read of the Noble 7 and actually emailed our favorite subject a complimentary email. Well done, Miss Regan, well done.
Bailey is still with us. I've tried to post a picture of him but the picture server doesn't like it.
Hope all is well with you.
JWB
I looked down, and saw a white whippet coming toward me at speed. I got down to my best Pop Warner tackling position and the whippet faked left, went right, and went by.
In 15-year-old penny loafers, I gave chase. I was galloping at top speed and the whippet was barely turning her aerobic engine over. When anyone would get closer to her, she would get a hair springier and her escape would be effort-less.
After three blocks, I gave up. Later, I did a little research on how to catch a whippet. You sit down under a tree and wait for it to come to you.
And now, a message for an old friend, Miss Regan, who brought us much good karma back in the day. She read of the Noble 7 and actually emailed our favorite subject a complimentary email. Well done, Miss Regan, well done.
Bailey is still with us. I've tried to post a picture of him but the picture server doesn't like it.
Hope all is well with you.
JWB


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home