Friday, January 19, 2007

a return to Fitcorp

When Coach Joshua Dean Powers was brought to the team, he counseled me to quit Fitcorp. When you want to become a better bicycle rider, there's no time or energy for lifting weights or other activities. I took a leave of absence from Fitcorp, saved my $32 per month, and put it toward Coach Joshua Dean Power's fee.

When the Tour was over, I took a break from the training strict bicycle only regimen, and started lifting free weights at the company gym after riding to work from home. With the arrival of winter, the walls of the company gym began to close in on me.

A year or so ago, Fitcorp was looking pretty shabby. The lockers were falling apart, the carpet was threadbare, the place was a bit sad. Since then, they've updated everything. New locker room, new lockers, new showers, new carpet, new machines.

Best of all, it's the same great staff. Jay, Jamie and Becky made a real difference when I first joined Fitcorp five years ago, and they're still making a difference.