Uncle Tom Walsh, as seen in the Austin American-Statesman
FIT FOLKS - TOM WALSH, 65
I'm a 65-year-old Clydesdale-division (more than 200 lovable pounds) runner who has been in the running game since 1977. I began running as an antidote to being a reformed smoker and have been running ever since. Times past I've run in most of the downtown races, including the Frost Yer Fanny in January, the Turkey Trot in November, Tos for Tots in December and 18 different times in the Capitol 10K starting in 1982 (including the infamous 10th anniversary race with 30-degree temperatures, a 9-degree wind-chill and freezing rain at mile marker 4). Today I run the hills out here in Steiner Ranch, usually 50 minutes every other day (saves my knees, thank you glucosamine). I stopped the downtown runs a few years back due to increasing parking problems at the race venues.
I'm a 65-year-old Clydesdale-division (more than 200 lovable pounds) runner who has been in the running game since 1977. I began running as an antidote to being a reformed smoker and have been running ever since. Times past I've run in most of the downtown races, including the Frost Yer Fanny in January, the Turkey Trot in November, Tos for Tots in December and 18 different times in the Capitol 10K starting in 1982 (including the infamous 10th anniversary race with 30-degree temperatures, a 9-degree wind-chill and freezing rain at mile marker 4). Today I run the hills out here in Steiner Ranch, usually 50 minutes every other day (saves my knees, thank you glucosamine). I stopped the downtown runs a few years back due to increasing parking problems at the race venues.


1 Comments:
Joe,...THANKS a bunch for the re-print of the Statesman article...I can't believe that I've been in "print" twice in a month's time..Further dee-lited' that it wasn't an "obituary" for Gawd's sake, altho' I chek' the "obits" every day to ensure my name isn't there !
Thanks again
Tom
Post a Comment
<< Home