Goodbye old friend
To come up with the tuition to pay for the trip I’ve been selling sailboats. Of the four I own, I’ve sold two. Retread, my International 110 was sold for $5,000. I became a National Champion in that boat.
Seeing her go down the driveway with the check in my pocket was a strange feeling. Saying goodbye to my Interclub dinghy 776 was less emotional. I bought the boat in 1997, sailed it for six seasons, and sold it for $1000 more than I paid for it. Not bad. Just as long as the check clears.
The Tour is a jealous mistress. She takes up all my money, all my time, but I am focused.
I am determined to not be defined by my possessions but by my actions.
Seeing her go down the driveway with the check in my pocket was a strange feeling. Saying goodbye to my Interclub dinghy 776 was less emotional. I bought the boat in 1997, sailed it for six seasons, and sold it for $1000 more than I paid for it. Not bad. Just as long as the check clears.
The Tour is a jealous mistress. She takes up all my money, all my time, but I am focused.
I am determined to not be defined by my possessions but by my actions.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home